Links to main themes - please bookmark:
- Rocky Rex's Latest Science Stuff
- What can cause climate change?
- Climate Change Demystified
- An Expanded Exploration of Climate Change
- 22,000 Years of Global Temperature Change
- A Random Walk through Earth Science
- A Random Warp through the Universe
- Recommended reading on climate change - expert sources
Tuesday, 30 June 2015
The Universe - The Hubble Deep Field
The Hubble Deep Field (HDF) is an image of a small region in the constellation Ursa Major, constructed from a series of observations by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Almost all of the 3,000 objects in the image are galaxies, some of which are among the most distant known.
The Hubble Space Telescope has now been used to produce other similar images of other parts of the sky, some of even smaller areas at greater depth.